Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

August 25, 2010

Where As The Time Gone!

Yes, it seems that summer is whining down!  It isn't actually over until the calendar says September 21st, but when the days start to shorten, and the evening breeze starts to feel a little less warm, then you know autumn is just around the corner.  I am not ready to give into the idea that summer is over yet because our vacation starts next week and we have many things that we want to do before we put away the summer clothes and toys. Lol!

In thinking about school and the idea of getting our kids back on track and following a routine, this is still an exciting time for most kids, even if it is a little nerve wreaking for us parents.  Going back to school and getting in touch with friends that they haven't seen all summer, or reconnecting with teachers that are their favorites,  whatever the case, there is an excitement to new beginnings and unknown challenges.  All school year they can't wait for summer (including the teachers! Lol!) and than near the end of summer they can't wait to get back to school!  Kids are so funny that way!

 I did want to share with you a project that I have been working on and I think that you are gonna like it!  I love to make Teacher Gifts and I had so much fun making this one.  I actually got the idea while on one of my treks to Michaels and so glad that I did.  The truth be told,  this is a gift that needed to be given to one of my son's teachers when school let out.  Me being so slow, I didn't get it done in time and I am sooo glad that I didn't because I got to use these amazing Digis from Deedee's Store.  The images used were, School or Bust, School Rules, and Book Worm.   Supplies needed to make a wreath similar to this one, is a sterofoam wreath, three roles of ribbon ( one for loopy bow & two to cover the wreath),  crayons, hot glue gun, glue sticks, buttons, and best of all, colored Digital School Images.  Provided below are pics of  the completed project and the coloured digital images.


Just love all of these characters waving has they pass bye!


This worm really wears glasses but I added Gogglie Eyes! Lol!


And last, this sweet Teddy Bear! ( Sorry for the bad pics!)


This is such a wonderful project and gift.  I am sure that any teacher would love a gift that was made using the ever famous Crayola Crayons! Lol!  You can do this with any digital image you may have and make a different wreath for a different occassion.  It would be great to do a fall wreath this way or even a Christmas one!  The possibilities are endless when you are using Deedee's Digis! 

Thanks for dropping bye and I hope that I have inspired you to create something new and interesting with your digital images.  Don't forget about the Blog Candy Giveaway!  Still lots of time to play.

Blessings & Hugs
Dana

4 comments:

Dorcas said...

Beautiful! And so handy for coloring on the walls! lol

Message Keeper said...

This is terrific! I cannot imagine that you manage to do this! So amazing!

Anonymous said...

Dana, this is a tremendously fabulous project! I can't even imagine how the recipient is going to feel getting this -- you obviously put so much creativity and love into it! I've looked at your photos several times, and each time I see something new about your special wreath that amazes me. Your coloring, all the little details you added to each of the images, the fun buttons and that magnificent bow. Wow, wow, wow! I would sure love to be a fly on the wall when Noah's teacher receives this! Thanks for sharing such a fun out-of-the-box project! Hugs, Deedee

Leah said...

This is absoulutely FABULOUS!! I love every little detail of it, your coloring is wonderful too:) Thank you so much for visiting me and leaving your sweet, uplifting comments, I'm following you now:) HUGS

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!