Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

October 25, 2010

Victorian Whimsie

Hi Everyone:
Just popping in with a card that I made for some challenges.  I thought that I would take this very whimiscal Santa Claus and make him into a Victorian Saint Nicholas!  Lol!  I did this bye colouring his suit a deep purple. Yup! Purple!  I know some of you might not like that colour, but when paired with green, especially olive green,  it looks rather elegant.  I was going to submit this card for Deedee's Monday Challenge, but I was too late trying to upload it.  I was to slow it seems to beat the new challenge which is now up. You can find it here.  This card was also made with other challenges in mind.
I used Deedee's Digis stamp called " Be Jolly".  I have to admit that this is now my favorite Christmas digi of her's so far, but if you check back in again you might find me saying that I changed my mind.  There is such a variety in her store that you may never have just one favorite!  Lol!  I have so many I have lost count!  Lol! 

This card was based on the Sweet Stop sketch for today. It really is a great one and I had fun using it. 


Here is my take on this wonderful sketch.


I would like to submit this card for the following challenges:
Sweet Stop ( Sweet & Sassy) - Sketch Challenge SSS79
Weekly Christmas Card Challenges - Week 47
Stamp Something Challenge - Use A Digital Image
Bah! Humbug! - Challenge 41 Elegance
ABC Christmas Challenge - V is for Vertical!

I had a lot of fun making this Victorian style card.  I added purple lace, flowers, and ribbon to this card to give it a more elegant feel.  The image was printed on water paper cardstock.  I want to point out that it is best that you use flat watercolour cardstock rather than the textured. That is what I used here and I found that at one point the ink was starting to peel!  It isn't a big deal because you can go in and do touch-ups with a black journaling pen or copic marker.  Black markers can work miracles!!!  I hope that I have encouraged you in some small way to not be afraid to use your digi stamps in new ways. To step outside of the box!  With the right embellishments you can make one style seem old when you try something new! 

Thanks for dropping bye and I hope that your week is off to a good start.  Remember that a frown is a smile turned upside down.  Keep on smiling!

Hugs & Blessings
Dana

7 comments:

Annie said...

Gorgeous colour scheme and what a cool Santa. A great card.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really cute design, love this whimsical Santa and your take on the sketch is perfect!

dstandard said...

Cute image and card! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Irene said...

What a fabulous colour scheme, a cutie of a Santa and your gorgeous flowers. All put together to make a gorgeous card. Thank you for the tip of using digis with watercolour paper.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah!Humbug!

irene
xxxx

starcyl said...

Love that santa and the colours used.

Jenny x

Max said...

I really like the purple and green combination and your addition of flowers and lace do add a touch of elegance. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Nancy said...

Beautiful non-traditional colors.
Thanks for playing with us at The Sweet Stop.

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!