Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

December 30, 2010

Wishing You A Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas
From Our House To Yours!


Yes, some may think that this greeting is a little late, but technically it isn't!  Being a true Newfie and celebrating the traditions of that province, we celebrate 12 Days of Christmas. So Christmas really begins on Christmas Day and ends on Old Christmas Day (or Epiphany ) - Jan. 06th!  I always loved this about Christmas when I lived home because it gave us 12 days to truly celebrate the true meaning of Christmas - being with family, making some fun memories, experiencing the season of giving, and most important, to celebrate our Saviours birth. 

I do want to share some cards as well. These were made when I took the class over at 2Peas for Holiday Thinking Inking.  I had so much fun making these and really needed to share before now, but I have had a sick kid and hubby.  Then I got sick with the stomach flu bug too.  Then everyone was doing well, but then I woke up on the 16th with a head and chest cold. Soooo therefore, things were delayed, but we were all ready for Christmas day, thank goodness!  Lol!



This card was made for the Holiday Thinking Inking over at 2Peas and for Hero Arts Contest. I loved the way this Paint Resist Technique turned out. I cannot believe how much texture this gave the card. I actually applied white acrylic paint on my Hero Arts stamp and then stamped on white cardstock.  Once it dried, I then blended several Distress Inks on various parts of the background. It was then added to wood grain paper and then lace was added to the lower part of the card. I also cut out Happy Holidays in dark chocolate brown with my Cricuit Machine and adhered to the top portion of the card. 

This Hero Arts Florentine pattern was the great stamp that I used and I will add that it would be better to use Ranger Paint Dabbers.  They are specially made to stay wet longer. And because of this your paper will not stick to your wood block.  Yup, it happened to me the first try, so I had to pick up on my speed when removing the cardstock the second time around. You can purchase it for yourself!


And here is another card that I made using Stamping Up Sentiment and Poinsettia stamps.


This card was made with the Textured Paint Stamping technique on the mini Poinsettias. I actually used a make-up brush to run through the paint once it was added to each stamp. Really cool effect. I also used Hero Arts Polka Dots background stamp on the lower portion of this card. I just love how this turned out!


Now before I go I would like to share this one layered card that I made for a card challenge in my Hero Arts Flickr Group.  It is using the ever wonderful stamp set from Sweet & Sassy.  We were to make a card for a 90 Minute Scramble and the card was to be only one layer. Now we could layer our stamping but not other papers.  Seeming that I celebrate the birth of Christ for Christmas, I decided to use this stamp from Sweet & Sassy that I won in a Blog Hop of theirs back in October, for this fun challenge.  The Greatest Gift Clear Stamp Set.  I also used this Hero Arts Bold Florish stamp with this card.


Now making a one layer card was very difficult for me, but I played around with some techniques that I learned from my friend Jill. I am happy with how it turned out, but would still love to fix it up some more with dark blue ink and to add more darker colours around the couple instead of that Yellow hue. I wanted it to appear that there was an Holy Light shining down upon them, but it turned out that the colour of the distress ink and watercolor yellow was almost the same. Oh well, I will have to give this another try I guess.   I was going for a magical night in Bethlehem scene and wanted it to portray the special meaning behind the birth of Jesus.  Now that the card is completed I have since thought that I should add 3 crosses in the hills in the background to symbolize not only the birth of Christ, but His sacrifice for us.  I didn't get to add it, but will try this again for sure and will make that a part of the drama unfolding in this card scene.  Anyway, this is what I came up with. Hope you like it!



May the Christ of Christmas
fill your heart & home with love, joy and peace
that will last beyond the season.


Thanks so much for dropping bye and for being here with me along my blogging journey.  I so do appreciate you and your company!  Praying that your Christmas is and was a season filled with much love, happiness and most important, wonderful joyous memories to share for years to come.

Blessings to you my blogging friends.
Dana

No comments:

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!