Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

June 9, 2011

Did You See The Size Of That Raccoon! (Edited Version)

Did that make you look?! Lol. Ya, I know! It isn't really funny! Lol. Well, ya it is! Lol. Okay what would you say if I told you that we have huge raccoons in our area! Don't believe me! Well just take a look at this!  So cute hey! Well this cute critter was one of thoes captured and given an injection against rabbies, which is a part of a Disease Control Project here in my part of Canada. No matter how cute they are, lately they have not been so nice to us. With knocking over garbage cans late at night and taking that garbage and destroying it. The mess can be so terrible at times. These fellows can be a pain!! The thing that gets me is that they are so bold and brazen! When you stand there with a broom in your hand to try to shoo them away, they just look at you with this stupid expression on their faces, and just keep on doing what they want! All I know is that I am so happy the ones I have encountered were not this size! Lol. No kidding right! 


Well I don't think that I would want a racoon this size sitting on my couch! Though I am sure that some others have had the experience. This cute little guy on my card is not of this sort, just a sweet spirited critter thinking of a friend.


Now this card was made for 4 challenges, but one doesn't count because I was late uploading it. I wasn't going to do the challange at Cas-ual Fridays because I don't do CAS cards very well. (Clean & Simple for those who don't know what that is!) So 3 hours before the challenge was closed I decided to play along. You see that cute handmade rug there on the floor, well the tassels on that rug was what took me the longest to make. Each tassel was made up of 4 different colours of Bakers' Twine and then I pulled all the threads apart. So when I went to upload I had problems with this laptop and was about 4 or 5 minutes late. I could have kicked myself because I spent way to much time on those tassels. Lesson learned for next time I guess! I used the wonderful sketch below for the design of my card and I loved how it turned out! I actually had it thought out in my head the night before, but didn't get to do it becaue of other commitments. So that is why I waited. I should have just done it sooner than later, but life sometimes tosses us a curve ball and plans change. 


So I missed this one, but they have a new challenge up now and you can check it out here. I don't give up that easily, so I will be playing along with this new one earlier this week.

Close Up Shot!
 Card Recipe
Cardstock: Recollections, Stampin'Up, & Bazzill
Clear Stamps: CL261 Woodland Creations/Hero Arts
Digital Stamps: Claudia And Company - Comfy Couch By - Janes Doodles
Markers & Pencils: White Gel Pen/Tombo, Watercolour Pencils/Staedtler (Karat), Marvy Blk. Pen
Adhesives: Easy Runner/3L & Popdots/Dollarama
Tools: Creative Memories Circles Cutting System
Embellisments: Bakers' Twine/Twinery,

My friend Jane from our Flicker group is the creator of the amazing Digital Image that I used. Just click on her name to find out more about her Digital Stamps and card creations.  Her cards are beautiful and so fun!


This card will be submitted to the challenge over at Wee Memories. I love these kind of challenges because the possiblities are endless! Thanks for the challege.



This card is being submitted to the challenge at Hero Arts for their June Monthly Challenge. One of the challenges was to use watercolours on your card. That is what I used here on the couch and on the raccoon.

And last, my friend Virginia is having a challenge at her blog. The challenge is "Stamp Your Hero Heart Out" and you do have to use one Hero Arts stamp. You are to make a card inspired someone else that you know. Well my card was inspired by Robin in our HA Flicker group. Her cards are amazing and it is just like looking through the window of someones' home. They are so fun and imaginative!  Check out this card! So make sure to check it out and play along. I am praying that I win her second prize because I really want that Envelope Patterned Stamp so bad! Lol.

Hopefully Blogger will be better this upcoming week. I have had my share of issues trying to get this post updated and hopefully my uploads tomorrow will not be the same.

I trust your all doing well and look forward to seeing you back this way again!

Until next time!
Dana

8 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Oh my gosh - that rug is too freakin' cute for words! I'm so sorry that you missed the CAS-ual Fridays deadline, but it was a fabulous effort for sure! I hope you'll play again, as I'd love to see more of your super cute work!

Jingle said...

That little rug is amazing! Great card!

Leanne said...

How stinkin cute is this!! Love it and that rug is awesome! Love ya! Leanne

Judy1223 said...

Dana, this is absolutely adorable! How clever of you...the tassled rug is AMAZING! Can't wait for school and work to finish here so I can start commenting more frequently...just had to take a minute to tell you how sweet this card is! Take care!

Virginia L. said...

Wow for the raccoon and another wow for your scene card!! I love how the raccoon "inspired" you! That twine RUG is brilliant!! Can you make one IRL!!? It's a riot to see that photo of the large raccoon! I know how these raccoons are, but I wouldn't want to be holding it (LOL)!! Thanks so much for entering the Stamp Your Hero HeART Out.Good luck on the CAS-ual challenge, too! Love it when you play! Sorry that you missed last time's deadline...but I promise you there are fun ones coming up ;)

Robin K. said...

Hi Dana! Just saw your flickr mail and had to drop by! I loooooove this card - the rug is AMAZING as well as your watercoloring! Thank you so much for the mention in your post - I feel so honored :) Hugs, Robin

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

How cute & fun is this! Love the rug. Thanks so much for playing with us at Wee Memories. :)

Laurel said...

I love what you have done!
Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!