Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

June 18, 2011

Same Stamps 3 Ways .....Cards 2 & 3

So have you made any special cards for the men in your life this week? Well hopefully the next 2 cards will inspire you to have a crafty time today and to make something amazing for that special someone. I decided to share the remaining 2 cards today, because I have more to share on Sunday.

Card #2.
Thank You

With Whisper White Pigment Ink/Stampin Up' applied to the CG144 Time To Stamp/Hero Arts background stamp, I firmly stamped the image to black cardstock/Bazill.

Then I took that same stamp and stamped the image again on white cardstock/Autumn Leaves, but with Black StazOn ink this time. The same process was repeated twice more but using different coloured cardstock. I used Kraft cardstock, and light teal blue cardstock. Then I cut out 3 clocks in various sizes and adhered with pop-dots to the front of the black card panel.

Next I cut very thin strips of white, light teal blue, and Kraft cardstock. Each strip was then stamped with various stamps from the previous card that was shared yesterday. The lg.teal blue and Kraft strips were stamped with the bigger Paint Splats from the Paint Splat set/Recollections, but the white strip was stamped with script from the S4878 Old Letter Writing/Hero Arts background stamp. The 3 strips were then glued to the front of card panel.

The sentiment was from CL342 Everyday Sayings/Hero Arts and was stamped in black ink on Kraft cardstock. Then layered over top of black and then Lt. teal blue cardstock. This was then adhered to the card.

Once this was all completed it was then placed on a Kraft cardstock card base. Taking my blending tool/Ranger and black ink, I lightly blended ink around the entire outer edge of the card. To add more depth to the card I went back in with white gel pen/Tombo and highlighted the paint splats on the thin strips. I also did some dash strokes and outlined around the sentiment. That's it for this one!

Card #3.
Just A Note.....

With the larger Paint Splat Stamp/Recollections ( there are several sizes to choose from ) and black ink, I stamped along the sides and slightly off the corners of the Kraft cardstock card panel. Then I repeated the step with whisper white pigment ink/Stampin'Up, making sure to not stamp over top of what I previously stamped, but more off to the side. Hope you know what I mean.

Taking a strip of light teal blue cardstock, I then stamped the CG144 Time To Stamp/Hero Arts over top but in Broken China Distress Ink/Ranger. I then blended black ink and blue ink around the surface to tone down the brightness of the colour. Taking a white gel pen/Tombo, I added white to the center of some of the clocks and to the hands of the clock. This step was completed again on white cardstock to give me the mini white clocks. I blended black ink around those to give them more definition. I tried to alter between the different designs on the stamp to give me different clock faces.

The sentiment from the same Everyday Sayings Set/Hero Arts was stamped in whisper white pigment ink on black Bazill paper. Then I cut it down to to a small strip to adhere to the front of my card panel. This panel was then placed on a black card base and then I lightly added white ink in various places on the outer edges of the card. Voila! Three great cards using the same stamps. Who says that we can't utilize our scrappy resources! Lol.

This was a lot of fun! It helped me to get out of my slump when it came to making cards for the special guys in my life. I trust that your having a great June so far. School let out today and Boy Oh Boy! there is such a feeling of relief here in this house. Lol. Time now to kick back and enjoy the summer! 

Thanks for dropping bye. See you back here on Sunday with more Guy Cards and a little sneek peek of whats coming up next week at Reliving Tomorrow!!!

Blessings
Dana

No comments:

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!