Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

May 24, 2012

The Birthday Boy!

Hi Everyone:
Yes, I have been missing in action again it seems! Sorry about that! I have been getting over Bronchitis, along with trying to still finish school work and having birthday celebrations. So life is crazy here again!

On to more interesting things! Lol. I wanted to share this page layout that I did a while back of my little man on his birthday! We just celebrated his birthday again yesterday and I can't believe how much he has grown. The fact that he is not little, really is hard to deal with and it makes this Mama's heart sad. Where did the time go? One day, bringing him home from the hospital and the next, talking about girls! Yikes! Lol,


I actually did this page when Nichol Magouirk was teaching free layout classes at 2Peas. I actually used Jillibean Soup Spotted Owl Collection and I just love how this turned out. I love this line of paper and I think it is because everything flows so well. I have always found it difficult to find boy papers that matched with anything else, but I think that may be a problem that is disappearing. Echo Park, Crate, and so many more companies are really getting on board and making some amazing boy collections. That is great in my book because not everyone is okay with using flowers on boy pages! Not me anyway! My son would have a fit! Lol!  The top portion of the layout used die cuts from the sheet that was provided with the kit. All the circle embellishments were popped with pop dots. The journaling note cards were cut in half and tucked behind the happy birthday strip. 


I did use some alphas to make the title " Giggles" using my Close To My Heart letter set. The orange note card shape border was cut on my Cricuit Machine using SCAL Program and a svg. file from 2 Peas called  Borderlines by Laina Lamb. I will link to each item below.  The celebrate stamp was from Studio G and were just called clear stamps. Product # VS4911 Series 46.


I used a white gel pen by Ranger to add highlights to the letters and make them pop!


Some folks like to add embellishments over top of their pictures, well I did that here. I love how it gives more layering and that extra punch of colour around the picture. As long as you use a good adhesive, everything should stay in place and not make the picture sticky with glue.  It really has been a long time since I have shared any layouts and I am gonna get better about that, especially now that I am back to scrapbooking again. My sweet "Secret Sister" ( a women's ministry at my church) whoever she may be, gave me a beautiful 8x8 scrapbook leather album for Mother's Day and I can't wait to use it for a Toddler Album for my son. So there are more layouts to share later. 

Here is a pic of my sweet handsome boy! I can't believe that he is a young man now! We took him out for supper yesterday. Then we came home and Skyped his grandparents to share the moment that he blew out his candles on his birthday cake. It is so cool to do this with them though they live in a different province. There are some great pluses to advancement after all I guess! It wasn't as good as being with them or my parents in person, but almost!!



He was really happy with this gift from his Nana & Pop who still live back in Newfoundland. He loves to tell people about his heritage and background. He had a great day, but I think it would have been better if he got the one thing he wanted the most! A puppy!! He is saving up his money to buy one, and though we could get him one, this saving of his money really is a great lesson to teach him about saving for something special. Most of all, that if you have goals you can reach them no matter how big or small. Who knows, maybe before to long, there will be some small cutie under our feet. Lol.

Thanks for checking in with me and hope you enjoyed your visit. Until next time, take care of yourselves and each other. 

Blessings & Hugs
Dana





5 comments:

Dawn T said...

Hi there Dana... what a cute LO. Your son is quite the handsome young man now. Sounds like a fun day was had.

Unknown said...

Hi Dana, this layout is so cute! I love his grin!!! Having met your son I know how awesome he is and realize that it must be hard to see him growing so fast. I love his t-shirt too! Hope he had a great day :) And, thanks for the sweet words you leave on my blog :)

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm with you on the 'talking about girls' thing - what? I was JUST changing your diapers, little man!
Happy birthday to your little man, and kudos to you for having him save up for something he wants! It's a truly important lesson to teach & learn.

Maureen Morton said...

Love this layout - and, the happy faces! What a blessing your sweet family is. I am not a scrapbooker (maybe if I had kids...darn!), but I love seeing what you do with that huge format. Those big dots are just so much fun - perfect for a little guy. A dog is lots of work.....good thing that he must earn it! Hugs, dear girl!

Auntie Em said...

Your son's birthday LO is so cute! I am going to try that white gel pen technique on the LO I am working on. I think it might be just the little extra touch it needs. Can't wait to see more of your work posted on here.
Your son looks like such a sweetheart. It must have been so great for his grandparents to be able to share in the celebrations. Great t-shirt! :)

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!