Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

May 29, 2012

Quick Clean & Simple Card Set!

So how are you all doing? I trust your enjoying great weather and for most of you looking forward to enjoying summer. Well I wanted to pop in real quick with this set of CAS cards that I made for my sweet friend Katie. These cards were super fast and so easy to make. 

 
Close up to show the shading of the flower and the effect it gives using light and darker colours. 


Sorry for the poor quality of pictures. Battery was almost dead. lol.


Details:
The card base was actually from a package that I purchased at Wally World. They came in bright and cheerful colours and were blank both inside & out. After deciding what colours I wanted to use, I embossed the Etched Medallion  stamp from Hero Arts onto each card with white embossing powder. To give a more dramatic effect, I used my Staedtler Watercolour pencils to shade around and inside each flower. Then to complete  Stampin Up sentiments were stamped on each individual card. There you go! Simple but yet so elegant. 

Thanks for dropping by and I look forward to you visiting again. 

Blessings
Dana


5 comments:

Cindy C. said...

The water-colour really enhance the stamped image! Very pretty effect!

Unknown said...

Beautifully CAS! Gorgeous colors and the shading brings that pretty flower to life. Great design :)

Jessi Fogan said...

I've been there with the batteries - NO, only two more pictures! You can do it, little camera! lol :)
I love the gorgeous simplicity of your design - the offset flower just pops with the shading, and great combination of sentiments for a gift!

Dawn T said...

Lovely set Dana. Love the colours of your base cards.

Auntie Em said...

What a beautiful technique Dana! I love the white on the bold colours. Never thought of using the watercolour pencils. Did you colour and then brush with water or did you wet the pencil?
Thanks for sharing! :)

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!