Welcome

LilyPadBioPic-2
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

1st Layout Published

On-Line Mag.Pub.

Preview

My Staedtler Pub.

Preview

An Amazing Experience

Thanks Jill

Featured on Inspired By
Shining the Light Challenge Award

Photography Tips

Photography Tutorials
2010-2014. Powered by Blogger.

June 17, 2012

Dino-mite Gift Tag!!

Giving gifts is always a fun thing and I think wrapping them can even be more fun. I love to change things up a little. With every Father's Day there is always a gift ready to be given and this time I wanted to add a funky cool tag. I found some printable bookplates at www.ActivityVillage.co.uk and used the Paint program to edit the file. Once that was done, I than loaded the file into my word processing program and increased the size. Then it was printed on coloured cardstock and paper pieced together. This is a great resouce for printables and especially for the homeschooling family.  Such cool graphics and so fun!


This dinosaur was shaded with STAEDTLER watercolour pencils. Shading was added beneath the legs & arms to provide more depth and dimension.  Hero Arts Mini Letters were used to stamp Dinomite Dad on the leg of the dinosaur. Ranger white gel pen was used to add white highlights in various places and to add some whimsy.


This Dinosaur tag is being submitted to the following challenges:
All Sorts Challenge: #159 - Paper Piecing 
Crafts 4 Eternity: R#76 - Dashing Dads
Wags'n Whiskers: #81 - Paper Piecing

Thanks for dropping by today. I trust that you are enjoying the Dads, and special father figures in your lives today. These are such important people and deserve to be loved on in a big way. Trusting that the weather is great in your area and that great memories are being created. Until next time.

Hugs & Blessings
Dana

8 comments:

Nona said...

Aww, that dinosaur is too darn cute, Dana! And I am truly blown away by your coloring. I thought it had glossy accents at first since it had a shiny look, but after reading your post, it is all due to your incredible talent. Well done! :) Hope you're doing a whole lot better. Take care! xo

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, Activity Village is such a great site! We don't homeschool but I do keep the kids going over the summers, and that's one of my stops.
Love the amazing colouring on that dino - incredible how the white just makes it shine!

Kara Lynne said...

Wonderful tag idea! I agree with Nona, I thought there was Glossy Accents on there. I'm sure there was one happy daddy!

pinky said...

Brilliant, love the bright colours.Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity this week.
Pinky

Maureen Morton said...

Such a fun tag - I can just hear him roaring, Dana! Shiny and so bright - lots of action & fun!

michele said...

Fabulous Dino tag Dana :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Auntie Em said...

I love how you took a simple little image and turned it into something so creative and full of dimension! You really know how to use a white pen to add highlights. Awesome work!!!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Your coloring is phenomenal! Fabulously fun and adorable tag. I'm sure Dad loved it :)

Copyright Notice

All the contents of this blog including but not limited to designs, concepts, and photographs are COPYRIGHT 2009-2014 Dana Colbourne. I have put a lot of work in these creations and would appreciate that you use them for inspiration and enjoyment. They are for personal use only and they are not to be copied or used for publications or contest. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me on this fun journey!